Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I've been searching the wonderful Web for some method of getting an email or text notification when iOS 12 is released to the public and haven' t found one.

In lieu of an official notification service, I guess I could write a script to scrape the Web pages of news sites looking for text that indicates that iOS 12 has been released.

I'd rather not have to do that, but if it's my only option ...

Is anyone here aware of a service the notifies you via email , text, or even push notification to your phone when a new version of iOS has been released?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy during the day during the work week and rarely check my phone until the evening after leave work.. However, I notification is likely to get my attention so that I can update my iOS devices earlier rather than later.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
I've been searching the wonderful Web for some method of getting an email or text notification when iOS 12 is released to the public and haven' t found one.

In lieu of an official notification service, I guess I could write a script to scrape the Web pages of news sites looking for text that indicates that iOS 12 has been released.

I'd rather not have to do that, but if it's my only option ...

Is anyone here aware of a service the notifies you via email , text, or even push notification to your phone when a new version of iOS has been released?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy during the day during the work week and rarely check my phone until the evening after leave work.. However, I notification is likely to get my attention so that I can update my iOS devices earlier rather than later.

Follow on Twitter: IPSW Downloads @IOSReleases

Turn on notification and you’ll get an instant notification for all iOS releases.

3f8eeed056bf15b4f1091955ae29bb66.png

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
If you visit tech type websites or forums you'll find it almost impossible NOT to know that iOS 12 is out.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
This is the most obscure request I have seen recently. Are you that eager to know when iOS 12 is officially released that you absolutely NEED to have it at that exact time?

Odd that the OP is too busy to check something like MacRumors once a day, but not so busy as to have the time to download and install a new OS to their device.

Everyone's different I guess!

Arni99

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Vienna, Austria
Set a calendar-reminder for September 18th, 2018 10 a.m. „Cupertino“ - timezone.
That’s my guess comparing the release dates with iOS 11.

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
The iOS 12 date will be announced a week or so in advance of its release (at the next iPhone event). On that morning, go on to Twitter, follow @MacRumors, and turn on tweet notifications. MacRumors will send out a tweet when iOS goes live.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
If you visit tech type websites or forums you'll find it almost impossible NOT to know that iOS 12 is out.
Hey, hey, the man said, "Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy during the day during the work week and rarely check my phone until the evening after leave work." Lol.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Like others mention, set up a tweet notification. Pick your favorite tech site, follow, and turn on notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.