Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navaira

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello,

I've been having a problem with the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum.

I click "New Posts" and I see all sorts of interesting stuff. And then interspersed with it I see the political posts the titles of which make my blood boil. I have no interest in them – been keeping myself from joining the "discussions" – but just the titles of threads are enough. Can I somehow remove posts from this forum from the "New Posts" feed? I assume the answer is no but in case it's possible I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks a lot for any response!

Reactions: appledefenceforce

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Hover over your name on the left and you'll see Forums to Ignore
2015-11-23_7-07-33.jpg

Reactions: Meister

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I know this thread is a bit old but this doesn't seem to work for me. I have disabled the politics forum, but they still show up in the sidebar of new posts. It's annoying when every time I load the page, I see at least a few of these topics. Any way to disable this completely?

Oh, and another thing. I want to receive notifications when there's a new topic in the news forum, but even after activating everything, I do not receive notifications on this website nor by mail.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
I know this thread is a bit old but this doesn't seem to work for me. I have disabled the politics forum, but they still show up in the sidebar of new posts. It's annoying when every time I load the page, I see at least a few of these topics. Any way to disable this completely?

It should work. I just tried it with the politics forum and there was nothing in new posts. Were you maybe not logged in?

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
It should work. I just tried it with the politics forum and there was nothing in new posts. Were you maybe not logged in?
I actually went in "New Posts" and there was no political stuff in there. But it still remains in the "Latest Replies" sidebar on the main page. Any way to remove those posts from that?

Reactions: navaira

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
I actually went in "New Posts" and there was no political stuff in there. But it still remains in the "Latest Replies" sidebar on the main page. Any way to remove those posts from that?

Oh yes you are right, I never looked there before. :rolleyes: I don't know. Maybe an admin reads this and can fix it. If you use an adblocker you could hide the box with the latest replies.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Sorry, the sidebar doesn't respect the ignore settings at the moment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.