Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
hey i was wondering could i boot a copy of 8a294 off a usb hard drive (or would it be really slow) and how much space would i need to run it?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
That's all covered in the developer notes. I assume you're an ADC Select or Premiere member, so you can just log in to read up on it.

rozwell

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2004
do what jsw said. isnt their a dev forum for ADC members only? i would assume so, but i could be wrong.

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
i dont actually have tiger but i was wondering if it was possible. so if i cant boot from my usb hd can i partition my internal and boot from that or could that hash things up if something goes wrong. so say i partition my internal and install it can i still boot into panther?

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
For someone who doesn't have Tiger you're showing a lot of interest in how to boot it from your system.

Or you could say...you're showing a lot of interest in how to boot the last widely leaked version of Tiger from your system.

AppleMatt

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
AppleMatt said:
For someone who doesn't have Tiger you're showing a lot of interest in how to boot it from your system.

Or you could say...you're showing a lot of interest in how to boot the last widely leaked version of Tiger from your system.

AppleMatt

you shouldnt assume these things, although i have noticed from another source probably a more reliable source that it is possible to boot from a usb device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.