Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleUser29912

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2022
I want to buy the studio display with tile-adjustable stand but I also want to buy this arm:

Am I able to swap this easily or I should buy the VESA mount adapter version?

AppleUser29912

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2022
Also there is no refurbished studio with standard glass and the mount, only the nano-texture has VESA mount

-griffy-

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
You need to keep checking the refurbished page, it only shows currently available refurbished units. Stock comes and goes as refurbished units come in and get sold.

JaredJenkinsDesign

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2022
You cannot VESA mount the tilt-adjustable stand version unless someone comes up with an adapter similar to how they can mount the iMac on a VESA arm. Until then, you'll have to choose between one of the two options or take it to an Apple store to switch in the future.

Reactions: ShlomoCode

odblnt

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2020
I got a refurbished standard display VESA in April. Like what was said above, they come and go.

Worst buying experience at an Apple store ever (ship to store - long story). Ended up having to order a second one because they returned the first one. For some (strange) reason, they never sent me a customer service survey. :rolleyes:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I want to buy the studio display with tile-adjustable stand but I also want to buy this arm:

Am I able to swap this easily or I should buy the VESA mount adapter version?
Buy the VESA model. It’s impossible to remove the stand and attach a VESA mount without completely dismantling the entire display. Only way in is screen-first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.