Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
I got a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, the colors seem washed out. The blacks specifically look bright/grey. Overall its not "vibrant" .

I am not a Windows person, I tried looking at the settings but all I found was the regular brightness and an option to enable HDR video.

Anyone know how I can fiddle with contrast and colors to make it "pop" out more?

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
How to calibrate your PC's monitor on Windows 10

Thanks! After a lot of tinkering in the nvidia control panel and Windows Settings, and searching for that app in the guide you provided which doesn't exist in my computer, I finally found adjustment options in Intel Graphics app but the problem is that I have to "eyeball" it.

I wish I was rich enough to justifying purchasing one of those spyder devices at $200, but I understand this is very worth it for professionals. If only there was a place that would rent it near for me for the 1 day of use I will require it for.

Try looking for your module on www.notebookcheck.net as they frequently attach a calibrated icc file to their reviews. It wont be perfect as each display is slightly different, however in my experience their calibrated display profiles can and do improve over the generic icc file.

Q-6

thanks! This is great!

Silvestru Hosszu

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2016
Europe
Those calibration devices make sense for video editors, visual artists or people who are making print.
I do have a I1 device but I make A2 and A1 prints.
Otherwise it makes no sense to shell out the money on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.