Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homervanderjazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hi,
I have an Apple ID which is not an e mail address associated with Apple. I also ended up having to make an iCloud e mail address at some point as I was prompted to do so.

However, I don’t ever use the iCloud e mail. I was wondering if I am able to delete it completely given that it is not associated with my Apple ID? Or would this cause any issues?

Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi,
I have an Apple ID which is not an e mail address associated with Apple. I also ended up having to make an iCloud e mail address at some point as I was prompted to do so.

However, I don’t ever use the iCloud e mail. I was wondering if I am able to delete it completely given that it is not associated with my Apple ID? Or would this cause any issues?

Thanks
Yep, possible.

Settings>Mail>Accounts>iCloud>iCloud>Toggle mail switch off.

Attachments

• 2021-02-08 15.47.45.png
    2021-02-08 15.47.45.png
    868.9 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: homervanderjazz

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
I just use the iCloud address for LInkedin as I was fed up of it going though my email address book and spamming me trying to invite me to link up with people I have absolutely no interest in connecting with LOL! Though I do find it is useful to use now and then.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I just use the iCloud address for LInkedin as I was fed up of it going though my email address book and spamming me trying to invite me to link up with people I have absolutely no interest in connecting with LOL! Though I do find it is useful to use now and then.
I've had various iCloud addresses since 2011. Never used a single one for email. I've had an email account since 1999, an ISP email account since 2004 and other email accounts around the same time period. Why do I need an iCloud email? I only took them because I couldn't proceed without creating one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.