Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevrani

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
I'm fed of putting my phone down and accidentally triggering this shortcut. Only seems to happen with my iPhone 13, not with my XR. I'm paranoid I'll accidentally delete a key app 😳

Reactions: Mabon

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Nope as its the way to actually instigate making changes. Also its something i've never triggered by accident in anyway.

Reactions: chabig

Kevrani

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
Like I said, it’s only happened with iPhone 13, not XR. Like the touchscreen is more sensitive. Also, it isn’t the only way to instigate making changes: press and hold any app icon pulls up a menu.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Haptic Touch you could try changing from Fast to Slow to see if makes it less sensitive but as mentioned locking the screen will definitely stop it happening.

Reactions: Kevrani and papbot

Kevrani

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Haptic Touch you could try changing from Fast to Slow to see if makes it less sensitive but as mentioned locking the screen will definitely stop it happening.
That seems to have done the trick, thank you!

jamietshaw

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
UK
I’m finding this really annoying as well. Every day i end up with a different home screen from accidentally activating it whilst holding my phone!

Reactions: Kevrani

scot.e.hoffman

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2022
I totally agree, and this didn't start until I got my WONDERFUL iPhone 13 Pro Max. Make it stop, give an option for just the home screen. Having to lock my phone every few seconds is not a solution. This is absolutely stupid, poor programming, and a good way to stop me from rebuying new iPhones. This is an major overlook on Apples part! Does anyone have trouble typing Z,X,C,V,B, and N on their keyboard? It either hits the spacebar or the A,S D, F, G,H J, K, or L keys 85% of the time. It is really bad!

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
I'm glad it isn't just me!
You're not alone. I've had this on my OG SE and 13 Mini now.

Chasing deleted Apps isn't fun trying to remember what's gone after the layout has changed. Wish there was a lock option for existing Apps as realistically, it's not often one needs to rearrange.

rdr299

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Nope as its the way to actually instigate making changes. Also its something i've never triggered by accident in anyway.
What a stupid response ‘I’ve never done that so no one else in the world could possibly have done that’. Such arrogance…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.