Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sobahinur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
hello. Let's straight to the topic.

I was planning to downgrade my iPhone 5s from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5 . But since I know that I can't restoring iOS 10 backup file via iTunes, I wonder, can I backup via iCloud on iOS 10, and after my iPhone downgraded to iOS 9.3.5, it is possible to restore the backup file from my iCloud?

I'm sorry for my english :D

thank you !

nostodnayr

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Mie Prefecture, Japan
hello. Let's straight to the topic.

I was planning to downgrade my iPhone 5s from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5 . But since I know that I can't restoring iOS 10 backup file via iTunes, I wonder, can I backup via iCloud on iOS 10, and after my iPhone downgraded to iOS 9.3.5, it is possible to restore the backup file from my iCloud?

I'm sorry for my english :D

thank you !

iCloud backups are the same as iTunes backup: they have to be the same version. So if you don't have a 9.3.5 backup on iCloud, you'll need to start over clean, I believe.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Give up as you won't be able to restore iOS 10 iCloud backup in iOS 9.
However, there seems to be a way to modify something in iTunes backup and restore iOS 10 backup in iOS 9. I don't know much of it however. Sorry.

sobahinur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
iCloud backups are the same as iTunes backup: they have to be the same version. So if you don't have a 9.3.5 backup on iCloud, you'll need to start over clean, I believe.
Give up as you won't be able to restore iOS 10 iCloud backup in iOS 9.
However, there seems to be a way to modify something in iTunes backup and restore iOS 10 backup in iOS 9. I don't know much of it however. Sorry.

ouch :(
anyway, thank you guys for your fast answers !

E.Neytman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
ouch :(
anyway, thank you guys for your fast answers !
Turn on icloud media library for both music and photos. Then restore the phone, and you should get them back. It will take time of course. But you still have to download all the apps manually, which isnt a problem - they are syncing with icloud anyway, most of them.

chatbr

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2015
Always make a local backup on iTunes, so you can have control over it.
Unfortunately, as soon as you upgrade, so does your iCloud Backup, so you cant roll back and still use it.
Thats not the case if you have a local backup. You can just save your backup from iTunes in another folder, and if you ever decide to go back, its there for you to copy back to iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.