Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
I hate accidentally clicking this and then having to go into the storage to delete it. I don’t want or need to download anything. But it’s right below “open in new tab” if I long press on a link so it’s a nuisance. Is there a setting to customize the menu and remove it, or completely disable downloads?
Also it doesn’t ask permission before downloading like it’s supposed to? It works with some files (tested it with the link for a text file and it worked normally) but not if I accidentally click “download linked file” in the menu

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I hate accidentally clicking this and then having to go into the storage to delete it. I don’t want or need to download anything. But it’s right below “open in new tab” if I long press on a link so it’s a nuisance. Is there a setting to customize the menu and remove it, or completely disable downloads?
Also it doesn’t ask permission before downloading like it’s supposed to? It works with some files (tested it with the link for a text file and it worked normally) but not if I accidentally click “download linked file” in the menu

It would be helpful to know which app or setting you're asking about and maybe a screen shot of what you're seeing.

Last edited:

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
it’s in safari, I don’t think it appears anywhere else
4944DF14-145D-42E1-9661-6B1921050416.png

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Ah ok, you want to customize the Safari contextual menu, and unfortunately that's not an option. Those options are controlled by the developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.