Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikojas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2023
🇬🇧
Currently use an IPad Pro 11 and also a Oneplus phone. Both have promotion 120hz displays. Ive seen a good deal on an iPhone 12 Pro but will I get used to 60hz again or will using it alongside the 120hz iPad Pro mean I always think it looks laggy? Anyone have any similar experience to share?
Ps. the price difference to an iPhone 13 Pro is almost £300 so I can’t justify so much more, just for promotion.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
I prefer the 60hz from iphone X over the refresh rate of the 14pm. I feel dizzy when scrolling text.

gretafour

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2006
Rochester, NY
If I was already feeling worried about having 60hz, and I could easily afford to not have to worry about that on something I use all the time, then I would just pony up the money. Or, you could wait until iPhone 15 comes out to get a discount on the 13.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
I switched to iPhone 14 Pro Max (120hz) a few days ago and was previously using a 60hz Samsung phone. I can see the difference, the iPhone is notably much smoother, but it’s not really that big of a deal for me.

60hz doesn’t really feel any “laggy” it’d just be a little bit slower when you’re scrolling down, or when you open and close apps, that’s it. It would only really matter if you like to play games that require high frame rates, in that case 120hz is definitely a lot better and you’d notice the difference. But regardless of that, it’s not really a big deal.

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
You will be fine. 99% of the time you won't notice the difference. You will also save £300.

Reactions: Chidoro

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I switch between a Pixel 7 Pro and an iPhone regularly, and it doesn't bother me at all. YMMV, of course, but I don't think it's as big of deal as people make it out to be. Gaming might be a different story, but I don't know anything about that.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Currently use an IPad Pro 11 and also a Oneplus phone. Both have promotion 120hz displays. Ive seen a good deal on an iPhone 12 Pro but will I get used to 60hz again or will using it alongside the 120hz iPad Pro mean I always think it looks laggy? Anyone have any similar experience to share?
Ps. the price difference to an iPhone 13 Pro is almost £300 so I can’t justify so much more, just for promotion.
i have several devices and they are not consistent in refresh rate. Phone, MBA, external display 60Hz. MBP, iPad Pro 120Hz. When switching I only notice the difference briefly and then get on with more important tasks. Remember, we used to have 30Hz displays on our devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.