Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thor79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm curious.
I have an AT&T account, and I know I'm not eligible for the lower pricing, and obviously (from my sig), I'm not a current iPhone customer.
If there's no question about eligibility will Apple sell me a phone for my account at the full price?

I ask because I foresee AT&T stores continuing to have problems with stock...meanwhile the Apple stores in the area have plenty (there is one exception, but it's not the store I plan to go to).

thor79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
Cool. No FAN. The only discount I can get is equipment discount from my school...and that doesn't apply to the iPhone.

Apple store here I come.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Cool. No FAN. The only discount I can get is equipment discount from my school...and that doesn't apply to the iPhone.

Apple store here I come.
Wait, that sounds like a FAN. Is this "equipment discount" from / for AT&T?

FAN = Foundation Account Number = AT&T Discount on service and or equipment (cell phones). Be very careful here, Apple can't process any account that has a business / school discount applied.

thor79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
Wait, that sounds like a FAN. Is this "equipment discount" from / for AT&T?

FAN = Foundation Account Number = AT&T Discount on service and or equipment (cell phones). Be very careful here, Apple can't process any account that has a business / school discount applied.

I have access to an equipment discount through my school (checked it on the AT&T site). I have not used it. No discount is applied to my account.

My account is a single line personal account with a smartphone on it. 450 minute plan with mediaNet unlimited and texting disabled. No discounts have ever been applied. My Upgrade eligible date is 10/7/2008 (October 7th) according to the AT&T site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.