Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
So I have finally upgraded/migrated my music and video collection from Itunes to the apps of "Music" and "(apple)Tv" on a Mac mini that will serve as my media server.

There is some video content on there that we do now want to share to be available thru Home Sharing on the multiple Apple Tv boxes in the house. I know of Restrictions (IE: TV-13,TV-MA, etc) in the app and on the box. But even with these restrictions enabled the titles and preview images show up.

So is there anyway to keep the previews of this content from even showing up on the "Library Home Screen" on the Apple Tv box, but still have it available on the Mac Mini and viewable thru the "(apple)Tv" app.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Oh you some naughty videos you don'y want you kids to see just put those videos in operate media folder and get info on that folder to put a password protection you don't share with your kids but share with your better half!

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
No this is not just sharing the folder on the network. This is about being capable to limit the videos from being seen on the library view on the apple tv box which is being shared from my Mac Mini via the Apple TV App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.