Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skeet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I am trying to make a campaign logo. Most programs need a gif, jpg, or pgn file to be compatible. If i make a logo in graphic converter it is not one of these. Is there another program that comes on the rev d pbooks that is compatible. Or can I convert whatever file i have to one of these compatible files?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
skeet said:
I am trying to make a campaign logo. Most programs need a gif, jpg, or pgn file to be compatible. If i make a logo in graphic converter it is not one of these. Is there another program that comes on the rev d pbooks that is compatible. Or can I convert whatever file i have to one of these compatible files?

Graphic Converter *must* have a gif or jpg mode. It should be either under save as, or under export, in the file menu. I haven't used it. Can you open the banner you made in Graphic Converter in Preview? If you can, choose Export from the file menu, and you can definitely save in gif or jpg. PGN I am not familiar with, unless you mean *PNG*, which is another common graphics format.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
skeet said:
If i make a logo in graphic converter it is not one of these.

GraphicConverter definitely can save files as jpg, gif, or png.

In the save dialogue window, grab the "Format:" select-bar at the bottom. There is a dizzying array of file types there, among which are all of your requested picture types.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.