Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
OK, this isn't a hater thread, so nobody get mad at me, OK?:)

I'm not concerned/aware of any screen issue with mine, but am still having a couple problems.

Safari crashes constantly, like I can barely stand to do any surfing with it. between the slow load times (which i expected, i know the things not a computer) and the constant crashes, it's a total pain.
I understand that some bugs are to be expected, but this makes the device almost unusable. anyone else having crashing issues?

when playing music, it'll occasionally stop dead. not as often as safari crashes, but enough to be a hassle. again, anyone else?

the range for the wireless is terrible. i've mentioned this in other threads, but was wondering if anyone else would like to share the experiences.

if there aren't many other people having these problems, my feeling is that i shouldn't be responsible for a restocking fee on a defective unit.
any opinions?
Thanks.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
safari crashes on my device too, but not to a degree of un-usable, but indeed, when I using safari, sometimes music starts to play all by itself? very strange.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
My experience was significantly different than yours. Safari is slower than desktop, but not too bad.

More importantly, I didn't get too many crashes (maybe once an hour or so?), nor did I run into any problems with playing music while surfing.

You should probably try restoring your Touch. If that doesn't work, you might want to take it into an Apple store. You can compare against their demo units, and get a replacement if necessary.

adauge

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Yea same with me. I can't listen to music while surfing safari. I haven't actually had a problem with safari crashing.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
dont you guys think that this will be addresses? If that is the only problem I would suggest not taking it back, rather just hang on to it... thats an obvious fix

Cheers,
Arisian

PodHead

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Boise, ID
That sucks, but I don't think you can claim a defect. All of your problems are subjective. What you think is slow can be acceptable within their guidelines. A bogus screen however, is totally different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.