Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I bought Mac mini today and I will become a new Mac fan, but my TV can not show any for Mac mini! Can I just power off? is it no trouble to HD or anything else?

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Please read this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/920543/, I thought the problem is my Sharp AQUOS TV is only support 1080i and 720p, not 1080p, but the Mac mini should be set default to 1080p, so I got message "The video single can't be received, please setup input equipment".

Do you think so?

By the way, do you have any idea to solve my problem? What can I do?

I am using a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, so that I can't reboot in safe mode.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
You know, even if I press power button, the LED on the front is still light, so is it no any problems if I take power plug away from socket?

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
Try rebooting into "Safe Mode", this sets the resolution at a different level, which may be able to be shown on your tv. To boot into safe mode, press the power button and right after your hear the startup tone press and hold the shift key.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Please read this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/920543/, I thought the problem is my Sharp AQUOS TV is only support 1080i and 720p, not 1080p, but the Mac mini should be set default to 1080p, so I got message "The video single can't be received, please setup input equipment".

Do you think so?

By the way, do you have any idea to solve my problem? What can I do?

I am using a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, so that I can't reboot in safe mode.

Your Mini should recognize the video mode automatically. My brother had that problem with his 52" Sharp and as it turns out he just bought a new adapter. Seems like the tv didn't like going from Mini Display Port to DVI and then DVI to Hdmi (he was changing the signal too many times.)
All he did was just buy a simple Mini Display Port to HDMI dongle. Then it recognized the signal just fine.
If you are using Mini DisplayPort or Mini Dvi to HDMI then I would for sure try it on a different TV to make sure the adaptor isn't faulty (they can be). If it works on another TV then you know your TV is the problem, and some setting needs to be tinkered with.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Try rebooting into "Safe Mode", this sets the resolution at a different level, which may be able to be shown on your tv. To boot into safe mode, press the power button and right after your hear the startup tone press and hold the shift key.
Unfortunately, I am using a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, so that I can't press Shift key:)
Then I don't have any USB keyboard:(

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Your Mini should recognize the video mode automatically. My brother had that problem with his 52" Sharp and as it turns out he just bought a new adapter. Seems like the tv didn't like going from Mini Display Port to DVI and then DVI to Hdmi (he was changing the signal too many times.)
All he did was just buy a simple Mini Display Port to HDMI dongle. Then it recognized the signal just fine.
If you are using Mini DisplayPort or Mini Dvi to HDMI then I would for sure try it on a different TV to make sure the adaptor isn't faulty (they can be). If it works on another TV then you know your TV is the problem, and some setting needs to be tinkered with.
I am using a Mini Display Port to HDMI directly, then I have only one TV.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
I am using a Mini Display Port to HDMI directly, then I have only one TV.

Go find another TV. Its not like the Mini is huge or anything. Just take it in its box with the power cord to WalMart and say you have to try and make sure it works on the TV there or something.

LOL if it works on another TV then you know you should call your television support line and start fiddling with your settings.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Go find another TV. Its not like the Mini is huge or anything. Just take it in its box with the power cord to WalMart and say you have to try and make sure it works on the TV there or something.

LOL if it works on another TV then you know you should call your television support line and start fiddling with your settings.
Well, at the moment, I have to power off my Mac mini, can you tell me what keys what I clicked by order can shutdown it?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.