Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I mean I only play certain albums or songs one day of the year and few albums and songs from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve. So if I removed the songs from the playlist library, but are still in the album library, they'd be able to be played, right?

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
I mean I only play certain albums or songs one day of the year and few albums and songs from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve. So if I removed the songs from the playlist library, but are still in the album library, they'd be able to be played, right?
Songs removed from a playlist are still available in the library and can be played from there or added to another playlist. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I think I figured it out. Thanks to the recent redesign of the Apple Music set up. If you didn't know there is a new, well at least to me, feature that one of the columns has a star and all I did was marked all the songs in the Apple Music library that I wanted in the playlist.

I am using the songs on the side bar and since Apple hasn't gotten rid of the side bar, I mean have it optional to be removed completely or kept on, all I did was move the Apple Music window so that whole section is "taken off" of the screen and by doing that, I extend the play count section and an any other columns I have are also taken off. It's almost like when you choose something from the Apple top bar or bottom bar. (I have them both set to appear when I need to use them so I have the entire screen to be used.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.55.15 PM.png

I'm thinking when I want to listen to something that's not in this play list, all I have to do is go to the Albums section and choose the albums or songs I want to since everything is downloaded it shouldn't be a a problem. I haven't turned on my iPod to see if anything changed, I mean if the "favorite songs" is a playlist choice. Since I still have a playlist that I set it directly from my iPod, it should be OK.

Does this help you understand what I am asking better? (I'm not trying to be rude, I was only asking if you understood my question better.)

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
There is no favorites list, but it's OK. I have the playlist I want.

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
I'm thinking when I want to listen to something that's not in this play list, all I have to do is go to the Albums section and choose the albums or songs I want to since everything is downloaded it shouldn't be a a problem. I haven't turned on my iPod to see if anything changed, I mean if the "favorite songs" is a playlist choice. Since I still have a playlist that I set it directly from my iPod, it should be OK.

Does this help you understand what I am asking better? (I'm not trying to be rude, I was only asking if you understood my question better.)
Yes, if you can remember the albums and songs a year later. ;) But on a different subject, I always view by columns (view menu -- column browser -- show column browser.) Then in the sidebar I always view Library -- Songs. Columns view then enables me to view by artist title or album title as well as by song. With MacOS 14 and iOS 17 it seems Apple did away with the ability to "love" or "dislike" songs and changed it to "favorite." Now songs that you "favorite" are automatically added to a Favorites playlist found in playlists on iPad and iPhone; but I can't seem to find a Favorites playlist on the Mac. If you "favorite" an album, it seems to do absolutely nothing. Sigh, change is sometimes good but it takes a while to get used to it.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
It's easy, all you need to do is go to the album section that has the picture of the album the songs are from.

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
It's easy, all you need to do is go to the album section that has the picture of the album the songs are from.
Okay, so "Favoriting" an album adds it to a separate list of favorite albums, independent of favorite songs. "Favoriting" an album does not add all of its songs to the favorite songs list. Thanks.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Okay, so "Favoriting" an album adds it to a separate list of favorite albums, independent of favorite songs. "Favoriting" an album does not add all of its songs to the favorite songs list. Thanks.
You're welcome. I am glad to be able to help someone here for once instead of the other way around. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.