Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrimomateo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2023
Western Mass
Hello all, long-time reader, first time poster.

I was cleaning out some old Mac stuff when I came across something I'd completely forgotten about for decades. It's a copy of a disk, so it has no monetary value, but it's an old Apple tech CD called the System Recovery Disk (version 5.0). It'll boot any and all PPC Macs up to the beige G3s. It was machine-specific folders for every PPC Mac and every available OS each machine can run. It also has a truckload of Mac apps I both remember and forgot existed, plus 3rd party stuff. I didn't turn up any information on the great and powerful Google about this out there in the wild anywhere.

Is there any legal way I can share this, and if so, where would I share this? I know it's harder and harder to find decades-old software and specialty boot options for like TAMs and education-only or server-only machines.

Thanks in advance for any tips. I hate the thought of being the only one out here with this thing when the oldest machine in my current collection is a Sawtooth.

-Mateo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.