Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desighen456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2019
I have a 2015 13" MBP retina. The condition of my battery says "Replace soon'' I'm planning on getting it fixed in like 2 or 3 months. The only intensive task I do on this mac is gaming. It's handling all the smaller tasks well but I do everything with the adapter plugged in. Will it negatively affect my mac if I game with this battery?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have a 2015 13" MBP retina. The condition of my battery says "Replace soon'' I'm planning on getting it fixed in like 2 or 3 months. The only intensive task I do on this mac is gaming. It's handling all the smaller tasks well but I do everything with the adapter plugged in. Will it negatively affect my mac if I game with this battery?
My daughters use a 2011 17" MBP for gaming that requires a new battery. I think it says "replace now" or something similar.

They have used it for a year with no issues until it is unp,urged, then it dies in 20 minutes or less while gaming.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
As long as it works, there is no issue. BUT, batteries have a tendency to swell when they get to this point, which can cause other damage. My daughter's laptop had a replace battery warning, and she used it for quite a few months. Only when in for replacement, which included a new trackpad, did she mention that she had to press harder on the trackpad for clicks to register.
Although rare, spontaneous combustion of a battery is a possibility.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.