Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shane2100AD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
Can I submit an app that uses the terminal to run commands? The commands would be something like "defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES".

Thanks,
Shane.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
In Xcode, click on your project, then your target, then scroll down the summary and check off "Use Entitlements" and "Enable App Sandboxing". Does your app still work? Then you should be fine. I suspect your app doesn't work within the sandbox though, and so there's no way to submit such an app.

You can, however, sign it as a developer and distribute it some way besides the app store. Or just distribute it without the app store and skip signing it altogether, although non-savvy users wouldn't know how to install it, and what use does a savvy user have for such an application?

Shane2100AD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
In Xcode, click on your project, then your target, then scroll down the summary and check off "Use Entitlements" and "Enable App Sandboxing". Does your app still work? Then you should be fine. I suspect your app doesn't work within the sandbox though, and so there's no way to submit such an app.

You can, however, sign it as a developer and distribute it some way besides the app store. Or just distribute it without the app store and skip signing it altogether, although non-savvy users wouldn't know how to install it, and what use does a savvy user have for such an application?

Thanks; I'll try this out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.