Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
around
There's been a huge misshap with a Verizon online order to pickup in store. I was told wrong when to pick it up and now the order is cancelled. This was a Christmas present so what I'm going to try to do now is order on another line that's upgrade eligible (since it takes 72 hours or more for the order to cancel on that line).

On Christmas Day I'm hopefully going to be able to swap out the old Verizon 6s iPhone sim to the new iPhone 11 Pro to use on the correct line. Can I use the old sim out of my iPhone 6s to the new iPhone 11 Pro? They're both Verizon. I was told by customer service it would work but I don't trust them right now since they screwed up my other order.

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
Well I know the 11 pro uses a nano SIM card just the same as your 6s. It uses an esim card as well (dual sim phone). Your 6s sim will definitely go into the phone but not sure all the features will work without this esim? Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Reactions: Olivia23

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
If the ninth and tenth digits of the SIM are 27 or 28, it is good. Otherwise it won't support HD Voice.

Reactions: Olivia23

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
around
Ok even weirder situation now. Went to Verizon store to pick up the new order for my other line, they gave me the order for the one that Verizon emailed me about that said it was cancelled.

I took the phone back into the store and told the guy that this was the number I wanted the phone on, but according to Verizon it was cancelled. He said well that works out better for you then because I don't have to switch it. I asked him about my other order he says don't worry after a few days of not picking it up, it will cancel.

I get home and look at my Verizon app that I ordered the phone on. According to it I picked up my order on the other line, but the phone and paperwork matches the order I placed on the original line from a few days ago.

I won't find out if it's going to setup until Christmas Day. I'm hoping it's going to setup fine since it's for the number I wanted it on in the first place. It's so very confusing. I will never place a pick up in store online order again!

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
I just went to Apple store, picked up my 11 Pro and transfered all data from my 6s to the new phone. I’m a Verizon user and didn’t have to transfer any Sim ????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.