Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I just want to be able to hear any messages left on my phone. Instead, intermittently I get a transcribed message that arrives late. And mostly, they don't load and I'm not give a chance to hear them aurally.

Whatever happened to simply being able to listen to messages. I've read that the transcription of messages is a beta program THAT I never downloaded. I've noticed this problem on the X and now on my 6S I'm using. PITA

HOPING iOS 12 either fixes this problem or does away with transcriped messages

Last edited:

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
I don't know about your version of iOS 11, but on mine I most definitely can listen to voicemail that shows transcriptions (Transcription Beta). The same triangular Play button is there as always existed, along with the speaker/receiver option.

I find the transcriptions to be very useful. Though there are occasional gaps (indicated by _____ ), the accuracy of what is present is excellent, and I rarely need to listen in order to fill the gaps.

By the way, that should be "aurally," not "orally." Were you dictating the text by some chance?

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I don't know about your version of iOS 11, but on mine I most definitely can listen to voicemail that shows transcriptions (Transcription Beta). The same triangular Play button is there as always existed, along with the speaker/receiver option.

I find the transcriptions to be very useful. Though there are occasional gaps (indicated by _____ ), the accuracy of what is present is excellent, and I rarely need to listen in order to fill the gaps.

Well, mostly there is no option to listen. I agree that IF the transcriptions do come up, I can figure them out. However, one look and they're GONE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.