Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello I’ve just opened my iMac Late 2015 after 1 and half years of contemplating on opening it (it’s tough coz’ the display is now glued essentially).

I’m trouble shooting the Blade SSD (Apple’s NVME version) and to get there I’ve removed the hardisk, the left speaker.

I also removed the Bluetooth+Wifi Module to have it cleaned and the also right speaker.

Could I still turn this ON safely and isolate the Blade SSD evern without the speakers and Bluetootj module. I’ll used a flashdrive installer to check the Blade with Disk Utility. I’ll reset the NVRAM and SMC first.

Thank you. Advanced happy Easter.

TwoH

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2019
Yeah all it needs is power supply and logic board. Preferably fan too

OlesyaPetrova

Suspended
Mar 20, 2023
Too difficult for me. Unfortunately I can't advise
Hello I’ve just opened my iMac Late 2015 after 1 and half years of contemplating on opening it (it’s tough coz’ the display is now glued essentially).

I’m trouble shooting the Blade SSD (Apple’s NVME version) and to get there I’ve removed the hardisk, the left speaker.

I also removed the Bluetooth+Wifi Module to have it cleaned and the also right speaker.

Could I still turn this ON safely and isolate the Blade SSD evern without the speakers and Bluetootj module. I’ll used a flashdrive installer to check the Blade with Disk Utility. I’ll reset the NVRAM and SMC first.

Thank you. Advanced happy Easter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.