Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
When MacRumors changed forum engines, somehow every single thread I had ever posted in (that's a lot... I've been here for 8 years), got marked as one I wanted to watch.

This has led to a lot of notifications I'm not interested in. I don't want to turn off watched thread notifications (what's the point of watching it if I don't actually want any sort of notification), but I would like to unwatch all threads.

Note: The problem is just with old threads which were automatically marked as things I was watching. I have already set up my account to not automatically watch a thread when I post in it.

If there's a button I can access that I overlooked, please point it out to me. If an admin or mod can do this for me, please do so.

Thanks.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
@ArtOfWarfare In the Watched Threads page, do you have check boxes next to each thread? If so, you can select any, or all of them, and then on the top-right of the page, there is a Manage Watched Threads drop-down menu where you can remove them.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads/all
In the "Manage Watched Threads" menu, click "Stop watching threads".

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted. I missed that previously.

@ArtOfWarfare In the Watched Threads page, do you have check boxes next to each thread? If so, you can select any, or all of them, and then on the top-right of the page, there is a Manage Watched Threads drop-down menu where you can remove them.

I missed the checkboxes previously... they're in a weird spot within the table. I expected them to be all the way to the left of the table. Anyways, even better than checking all of the checkboxes manually is to just follow @redheeler's directions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.