Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rix'

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum. Thanks beforehand for reading this.

Well, Ive been loyal to my iOS 9.1 JB on my iPhone 6S. Works pretty smooth, with no issues at all.

The thing is that some apps I need are no longer supported on my firmware, and I want to go up...but no to 11.4 !! You know, battery drain issues and slowdown.

Im not new on jailbreaking. I remember using certain tools to save SHSHs, entering on pwned DFU, and all that kind of stuff that seems DEAD, and allowed to go back an forth with custom IPSW.

I've been searching on many sites, with no clue if upgrading to 10.2 is possible on 2018.

Should I remain on 9.1? Isnt really a way to go to 10.2?

Thank you!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can only update to the latest version that is being signed and is available for your device, which is iOS 11.4 currently.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
The speed should not be a problem, it isn’t on my iPhone SE. It’s speedy on 11.4
But there’s other kinds of ****, as non working iCloud sync...
Wish I’d known, but as it is I sync with my NAS instead of iCloud for things I want to really sync well.

Reactions: Rix'

Rix'

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you guys.
I think a rather stay on 9.1 to ensure the proper working of my phone.
6S is still a beast. I've seen it handles the latest iOS with no problem...but i wont take any chances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.