Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdgreat4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Hey guys, I have an iPad 2 and i've read reports saying that ios 8 lags like hell on the ipad 2 so I want to upgrade to ios 7 instead. The main reason is because most of the apps I want to download are only supported ios 7 and above.
So is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Nope. That boat has sailed.

FWIW, 8.1 works fine on my wife's iPad 2 and on my iPod Touch 5th gen. There's a bit of lag switching programs, but it lags less than my one-year old HTC One M7 that I have for work. (I'm getting a work iPhone 6 in two weeks.) The HTC was fine until the last Android update. Now it's painful.

jdgreat4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Nope. That boat has sailed.

FWIW, 8.1 works fine on my wife's iPad 2 and on my iPod Touch 5th gen. There's a bit of lag switching programs, but it lags less than my one-year old HTC One M7 that I have for work. (I'm getting a work iPhone 6 in two weeks.) The HTC was fine until the last Android update. Now it's painful.

Haha. We're in the same boat. I have an M7 as well except it works alright. You should try using custom ROM's ;). I'll take your word for it and upgrade :D
And thanks for all the replies guys, I knew they stopped signing but because I was upgrading, I though it would be worth an ask.
Thanks again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.