Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Can i use a APPLE 27 Thunderbolt display with a M2 MAC MINI?
If so what adapter would i need?
And is it possibly?

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Yes, easy. Get the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. I use one to connect an M2 MacBook Pro to an Apple 27 Thunderbolt display and it works perfectly.

Yes, easy. Get the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. I use one to connect an M2 MacBook Pro to an Apple 27 Thunderbolt display and it works perfectly.
Thanks but the M2 MAC MINI is not in the compatibility list the M1 Mini is.

VegetarianNachos

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2022
Parts Unknown

It IS in the compatibility list...It is the Mac mini (2023).

Untitled.jpg

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
And they put (M1) next to the 2020s because there were still Intel Minis that year.
Well, not 2020 Intels. But yeah, they still sold the 2018 mini.

The real confusing one is the 2020 MacBook Air. There's "MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)" or "MacBook Air (M1, 2020)"... the "Retina" introduced in March, with Intel, and then the Apple Silicon in November 🤪

Reactions: ignatius345

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Well, not 2020 Intels. But yeah, they still sold the 2018 mini.

The real confusing one is the 2020 MacBook Air. There's "MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)" or "MacBook Air (M1, 2020)"... the "Retina" introduced in March, with Intel, and then the Apple Silicon in November 🤪
Nothing is straight forward.o_OI have the problem with my mac shutting down when i have not been using it for a short time.When it first happend i took the plug out of the wall socket and put it back in and it worked again.It just happend ten minutes ago i kept on tapping the drives and the thunderbolt dock it suddenly came to life.o_OBefore all this it kept on Freezing i had to turn it off on the mac.Other people on here thought it was the psu falling.But like someone sugested i try the diagnostic tool on here.And it said there was no problem ,i can,t see how a short test like that could find anything anyway, as it only lasted about two minutes.o_OI am at a loss with it all.

Attachments

• DSC01933.JPG
    DSC01933.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Tylerdotdo

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
I'm curious if you were able to confirm if the M2 Mac Mini does work with the Thunderbolt Display. The only person who confirmed that this is StevieOM. However, he confirmed it with a mac that only has Thunderbolt 3 ports. The M2 Mac mini has Thunderbolt4 ports. Sure, the compatibility list that everyone discussed has the Mac Mini M2 listed, but this is for the dongle. It is not specificially for the Thunderbolt display itself. I've been having issues getting it to work on a PC that has Thunderbolt 4 ports, and most people report the same thing. I'm curious to see if it does work with the M2 mini as well since I'm thinking about going down that road as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.