Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wilmanygren

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
I want to use Apple Watch With An Android Phone. Is there any way? If yes, then let me how. I searched on google and came back with mixed information.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
I want to use Apple Watch With An Android Phone. Is there any way? If yes, then let me how. I searched on google and came back with mixed information.
No, you need an iPhone to use an Apple Watch.

Apple has this written on the product page:
  • Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE require an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later.

Last edited:

BenGoren

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2021
Well … if your watch is cellular-enabled, you can call an Android phone from your watch. Does that count?

I wouldn’t be shocked if some Android phones double as Bluetooth speakers; that should work fine with a watch.

But, if you mean for the Android phone to be a replacement for the iPhone? No; period, full stop.

While you can largely use an  watch entirely independently of the phone, especially if you have a cellular model, an actual iPhone is required for initial setup. After that … you could probably go some time without an iPhone, especially if you don’t want to receive SMS messages or do other things that require an active iPhone. But you’re gonna need that phone again, one way or another.

Oh — if you have a cellular-enabled model, the watch’s plan is tied to that of the phone. No phone, no plan.

b&

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.