Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I have a Mac that I use for work that is not logged into iCloud, and the calendar on it is connected to my Exchange email account so there are work related things that appear on it.

Is there a way that I can create a new iCloud account for this Mac and enter stuff into Notes, Reminders, and Calendar and choose whether I want to view this content on my iPhone, iPad and personal Mac that uses my personal iCloud account?

Thanks

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Is there a way that I can create a new iCloud account for this Mac and enter stuff into Notes, Reminders, and Calendar and choose whether I want to view this content on my iPhone, iPad and personal Mac that uses my personal iCloud account?
Yes, but I don't think this is the answer you are hoping for. On iPhone and iPad, only one iCloud account can be logged into the device at a time. On macOS, only one iCloud account can be logged into a user account at a time. If you have another user configured on your Mac, the other user account can be logged into a different iCloud account.

On my work laptop, which is logged into a work iCloud account, I simply access my personal iCloud data using the iCloud web site. Works fine. For iPhone or iPad, no such luck... or none I've discovered.

Reactions: kat.hayes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.