Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackomega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Was browsing Apple's store and after looking at the iPhone dock they have (that is in-stock unlike the new A/V dock for iPods) I'm wondering if it would work/fit an iPod touch. From the pictures I've seen it looks like it'd fit except for the difference in depth.

Anyone one have an iPod touch and a iPhone dock in hand to lend any thoughts?

Thanks!

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
doesn't fit. the iphone dock is only as wide as the iphone. the ipod touch edge is as big as the classic. it slight but it is wider. so it just slightly doesn't fit.

you can force it but you'll put little indents in the dock and it is hard to take in and out.

yes, i messed up my roommates dock doing this. so learn from my misfortune.

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
doesn't fit. the iphone dock is only as wide as the iphone. the ipod touch edge is as big as the classic. it slight but it is wider. so it just slightly doesn't fit.

you can force it but you'll put little indents in the dock and it is hard to take in and out.

yes, i messed up my roommates dock doing this. so learn from my misfortune.
you friend's misfortune rather .. ;)

blackomega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Cool. I didn't think of a width difference. Good to know.

And yes, I had hoped it would fit: the combo of dock,dock cable, and AC charger for $50 would have been great.

Oh well. I'd just be happy to have my touch shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.