Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2015
There's a small window of time I am gone tomorrow, and my watch is supposed to be delivered. Can my 15 year old sign for it?

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
Most courier companies hit their target location and accept a signature from anyone.

I had mine delivered to the office and my friend, the security guard on the front desk, signed for mine.. chill out, even if they don't want to drop it off they will allow a depot pickup or redelivery - you won't by mysteriously blacklisted as not worthy to ever get delivery :)

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
You'll be lucky if UPS asks for a signature, the last iPhone that I had shipped to me they just dropped on the doorstep. Fortunately it is out of sight so the package was still there when I got home from work.

PhantomCypher

macrumors member
May 21, 2015
Apple watches typically dropped at my doorstop or shoved under my doormat, rarely they have waited for a signature until the Edition was delivered yesterday.

Trogdor796

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
If you go to your Apple orders page, there is a form you can pre-sign for UPS.

I was under the impression you could not do that for the watch and there was no way to bypass the signature requirement? At least I'm not seeing that form you can fill out on the orders page when I looked.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Once your watch ships you can print out the form. It includes the tracking number. It's really just a blank form that you can get from UPS that has the tracking number on it. It's up to the UPS driver as to whether they accept it when they deliver your package.

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
If it requires a signature they'll let pretty much anybody sign for it...literally. The person who signs for it is then liable should anything happen and you call in and then they have that signature to fall back on. Enjoy your watch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.