Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drzaius7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2024
Ever since I updated my iPad to 17.3.1 I can no longer screen record a video call in any app (Telegram, Skype, etc)
The screen record button is there but just won’t engage if I’m on a video call. Or if I engage screen recording before starting video call and it is recording as soon as video call starts the recording will turn off.

Is there a solution or reason why?

Thanks

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Ever since I updated my iPad to 17.3.1 I can no longer screen record a video call in any app (Telegram, Skype, etc)
The screen record button is there but just won’t engage if I’m on a video call. Or if I engage screen recording before starting video call and it is recording as soon as video call starts the recording will turn off.

Is there a solution or reason why?

Thanks
Can you really record Telegram videocalls out of the box without any third party software?
I know Skype offers screenrecording, could it be that you need to allow the camera in settings for it to work?
Also check if there are any updates to the apps since you updated your iPadOS.

Drzaius7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2024
Can you really record Telegram videocalls out of the box without any third party software?
I know Skype offers screenrecording, could it be that you need to allow the camera in settings for it to work?
Also check if there are any updates to the apps since you updated your iPadOS.
Yeah I could always use the IPad screen recorder to record all calls including FaceTime

Now it won’t engage or will disengage for any kind of video call on any app or FaceTime

• Sad
Reactions: foliovision

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I suspect Apple just quietly remove that feature “in the name of protecting privacy”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.