Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stoltenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Denmark
Hi

Does anyone know why I can not delete these 2 locations from my location history?

Has been in the "Latest" but the list is completely empty.

I have tried:
- To turn off and on
- Logged off from iCloud.
- Signed in with another Apple ID
- Factory reset

Nothing has helped. If I enter a new address, I can easily delete it from the past.

Know it's a minor issue...

But what can I do?

I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3.1

8d1f069a5918b73e0d423a0d6b63524e.jpg

c22dc3eb2c5b164820f3ea2fb214a16f.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps something from frequent locations in system location service area of privacy settings on the device?

Stoltenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Denmark
Perhaps something from frequent locations in system location service area of privacy settings on the device?

My "frequent locations" is empty. Just deleted everything off, and it did not help.

Is there anywhere else I can look?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It sounds like these locations got pulled from a message or an email and show up there because of that. I've got a few of those also it seems.

Stoltenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Denmark
It sounds like these locations got pulled from a message or an email and show up there because of that. I've got a few of those also it seems.

I think you're right. I received a text message in which the address was in (That's from my optician), and the address was also in the message. It is certainly a good feature, but not so smart I can not delete it again. It all can quickly become very confusing.

Stoltenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Denmark
Have tried to delete the two addresses on my iPad Air 2, and my iPhone 6 without success. I do not own a Mac, but perhaps the list will be erased from a Mac. Anyone can try it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have tried to delete the two addresses on my iPad Air 2, and my iPhone 6 without success. I do not own a Mac, but perhaps the list will be erased from a Mac. Anyone can try it?
Have you tried deleting the messages/emails that have those addresses to see if that might remove them?

Reactions: Stoltenberg

Stoltenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Denmark
Have you tried deleting the messages/emails that have those addresses to see if that might remove them?

Yep. Also deleted SMS messages. Unsuccessfully. Believe me, have tried EVERYTHING hehe, that's also why I had to ask you experts in here :)

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Ditto what kch50428 said. I have an e-mail in my inbox from REI, and I have a recents entry for the address in that email. The little "from" field below the entry will tell you what the source of the address is.

And like others, cannot shake that recent entry. Deleted the email and emptied trash, stop/start both Maps and Mail. Changed Spotlight settings. Reboot. No success.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Ditto what kch50428 said. I have an e-mail in my inbox from REI, and I have a recents entry for the address in that email. The little "from" field below the entry will tell you what the source of the address is.

And like others, cannot shake that recent entry. Deleted the email and emptied trash, stop/start both Maps and Mail. Changed Spotlight settings. Reboot. No success.
Funny thing, after reading this i went in to take a look and noticed I have this exact issue with some recents that can't be deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.