Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

migllusma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hello

I have a mac pro mid 2010 with a geforce 680 (mac version), which supports metal. I was using high sierra and upgraded to Mojave with no problems. However now I want to do a clean install, I prepared my USB with the installer and when I proceed to boot from it and install from scratch, it tells me that mojave can not install in this mac as it needs a computer with Metal support, which makes no sense since I have an nvidia 680 there and I did manage to upgrade it from High Sierra. So I can upgrade it from High Sierra but I can not install it from scratch, seems a bug to me.

Any help on this would be wonderful.

uneeko1ne

Suspended
Dec 16, 2017
Reno,Nv
I Ran a clean install all I did was Command R then went to Disk U
Hello

I have a mac pro mid 2010 with a geforce 680 (mac version), which supports metal. I was using high sierra and upgraded to Mojave with no problems. However now I want to do a clean install, I prepared my USB with the installer and when I proceed to boot from it and install from scratch, it tells me that mojave can not install in this mac as it needs a computer with Metal support, which makes no sense since I have an nvidia 680 there and I did manage to upgrade it from High Sierra. So I can upgrade it from High Sierra but I can not install it from scratch, seems a bug to me.

Any help on this would be wonderful.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/10/03/how-clean-install-macos-mojave/ Try that man good luck

migllusma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Yes I did the same but the installer would not continue as it thinks my mac pro is not qualified for Mojave, however when upgrading (not installing from boot) it is no problem. So now I am stuck with an OS upgraded from High Sierra and I can not "clean it up"

uneeko1ne

Suspended
Dec 16, 2017
Reno,Nv
Hmm we'll I'm semi new to the whole Mac thing I came from windows about 7 months ago so I'm still in the learning process, i wish you the best of luck hopefully somebody with way more knowledge in this situation comes and comments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.