Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notCoffee.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
I can not update to iOS 15 over iTunes because it says "This version of iPhone software (14.8) is the current version". Is it only me or does anyone else have this problem too? Is there a fix?

I tried checking for updates on iTunes. I'm on version 12.11.4.15
I have an iPhone 12.

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
No, same here. I always do a full reset through iTunes with each new iOS. I already have iOS15 on my iPhone 12 mini but want to do a hardreset via restore through iTunes. It says resource not available to download. So it is not yet available to download via Mac. That is often the case with big jumps. Sometimes hours later, sometimes next day.

Same for iPad OS 15. Wanted to update and restore my iOS14.8 iPad and it gave me 14.8 to restore...

Maybe someone can post when he or she was successful to download iOS15 or iPadOS15 via Mac/iTunes.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
Friends, i checked on my iphone 7 plus and xs max in software update and there was option to install ios 15, i put my phones in dfu mode and connected them to big sur in m1 macbook pro, and finder ask to restore and update the phone, in the process it doesnt shows which ios it is installing, and i did that, after downloading and installing process when the phone restarts it came on ios 14 startup screen :( i checked again in software update in iphone and still it was shwoing ios 15 to download and install, what will be the problem? Please help

eagles2214

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Michigan
No, same here. I always do a full reset through iTunes with each new iOS. I already have iOS15 on my iPhone 12 mini but want to do a hardreset via restore through iTunes. It says resource not available to download. So it is not yet available to download via Mac. That is often the case with big jumps. Sometimes hours later, sometimes next day.

Same for iPad OS 15. Wanted to update and restore my iOS14.8 iPad and it gave me 14.8 to restore...

Maybe someone can post when he or she was successful to download iOS15 or iPadOS15 via Mac/iTunes.

Same here for me too. Not showing iOS/iPadOS 15 update in iTunes.
I'm on:
iTunes 12.8.3.1
MacOS 10.13.6

Reactions: notCoffee.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.