Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlynH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Hi there,

I was wondering if there might be any way to tell when my 6,1 was produced and its original spec when manufactured?

I have checked some of the serial number sites so I know it is a Mac Pro 6,1 but that's about all. ;)

It would be good to know when it was produced and what spec it had when it left the factory as I purchased it from a Mac Reseller whose core business is refurbishing & upgrading.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

majus

Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
Hi there,

I was wondering if there might be any way to tell when my 6,1 was produced and its original spec when manufactured?

I have checked some of the serial number sites so I know it is a Mac Pro 6,1 but that's about all. ;)

It would be good to know when it was produced and what spec it had when it left the factory as I purchased it from a Mac Reseller whose core business is refurbishing & upgrading.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Yes indeed, using your serial number.

And if you need more...

Last edited:

GlynH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
Thanks for the reply majus.

One of the first places I tried was everymac.com but it listed four different 2013 Mac Pros and when selecting any one of them just returned a generic profile with no manufacturing date or original specification. A similar tag happened when I tried the 5,1 apart from it listed 6 different models!

beetstech.com also did not return any machine specific information about either Mac Pro but did give a very nice parts breakdown!

So both great sites with a wealth of information just not what I was looking for!

Not even sure the info I need is readily available but I spoke to the company that I purchased the 6,1 from and they told me it was built in August 2014 so that was something I guess.

My search continues...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.