Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thinkbigkickass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2022
I have the Smart Folio keyboard connected to iPad Pro (M2 version), and in both the IPad and Mac (MacBook Air 2022, MacOS 16.1.1) universal control is turned on.

The trackpad works fine across device. The keyboard in the Mac works fine too. Even the bluetooth keyboard works fine. However, the Smart Folio keyboard can only type in iPad but not Mac.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I have the Magic Keyboard and both keyboard/trackpad work with Universal Control on my Mac. Anything unusual about your Mac and/or iPad? Any betas, or security software? 16.1.1 would be your iPadOS version, not macOS.

Thinkbigkickass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2022
iPadOS 16.1.1
MacOS 13.0.1

I don’t have beta software and security software installed.

Other keyboards work fine. MacBook Air Keyboard, Logitech Keyboard, and trackpad. Just the Smart Folio. Smart folio connection is a bit different. It is not using bluetooth. I am not sure whether that makes a difference.

Thinkbigkickass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2022
Or maybe the universal control is only one way. The keyboard or mouse connected to Mac can be used to control ipad. But not the other way round? I am not sure about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.