Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jipper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone,
I have a real doozy of a problem on my hands. I bought a brand "spanking" new blueberry iBook back in 2000. Unfortunately the time has come where the battery has coughed its last charge. This means that my magically wonderful looking eye-turning laptop is now destined for desktop AC adaptor status. I know that this laptop is about 2 and a half years old and i was wondering if anyone had perhaps replaced their old ibook by now with a newer model. If this is the case, does anyone have a working iBook battery gathering dust????
I cannot understate how grateful I would be, as a student I have already forked out money for a new AC adaptor, and speaker-- I cannot afford to keep spending money on the machine, if indeed the battery is even still available.
I miss wandering through the hallowed halls of Monash with my iBook and receiving grins from the passers-by.
Thanks for reading (if that's all you can do!!!),

Tim.
tamot1@student.monash.edu.au

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
The clamshell iBook batteries are indeed still available, just call up Apple. Or check eBay, or SmallDog.com or something like that. I doubt you'll find one for free, but who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.