Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuqwer77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2020
Hi,

I got the new ipad pro 2020 recently. It has ipadOS 13.4.1 I have been having the following issues:

-The files app never picks up external usb in first go I have to plug it out and put it back in for it to work.
-The files app crashes and quits when I search anything starting with NO in it.
-The word app freezes.
-The apple pencil 2 switches to eraser even without me double tapping.
-There is text overlapping in safari when using multitaksing mode.
-When I have two files app open in multitasking, if I make one screen shorter, the colour eraser bar disappears to half so i can't access the eraser highlighter etc.

There's more but I can remember only these so far. I have tried hard reset but it hasn't helped :(
very disappointed with the expensive buggy device from Apple.
I would really appreciate you help!

Thank you.

Last edited:

FNanook

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
Many crashes on the Files app...i have to restrart the ipad many times a day..ipas os not usable as a desktop replacement at all...yes Apple software never have been so buggy..

Dean402002

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2020
i think you have a serious iOS problem as i have the same device and version but none of the faults you are having maybe resetting the device may help after backing up to iCloud as for usb drives some now require a third party app to recognise them i found FE file explorer works on most hope this helps

Stackin

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2019
UK
I have just bought an iPad Pro as a desktop replacement and am also finding that the Files App constantly crashes or hangs. Not impressed as I am relying on this now. Have found that copying files seems more reliable by creating two windows and dragging and dropping between them. Previously I was selecting files and then Using Copy, finding the destination and it would hang when I selected paste.

I haven’t experienced the other problems you mention and have used memory cards to copy files and have an Apple Pencil which I haven’t used much yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.