Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
1) Do a google for VZW text (i'm not sure the exact link). This is a site from Verizon where you can send a text message without having to have an account of any kind with them, obviously a cheap alternative to sending texts from my Iphone. I used to be able to do this on my Ipod Touch. Anyway, the first google link should be a site where you can send a text message. Try and place your cursor in the body where you would enter your text message. Does your keyboard come up then go right down, not allowing you to actually use it? Again the keyboard recognizes a typing field, but won't stay up.

2) Try and submit a post on this forum, when you are in the area where you enter your post text, does the screen in the background jump around when you start to type?

It only happens on this forum so far for me...

BobboZR2

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Well, I can answer number 2 very easily as I've been posting on my iPhone all morning I've had no problems here.

BobboZR2

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
I just tried the first one, and I experienced the same thing you did. The keyboard would pop up and then go back down. Fortunately I don't have to use that site.

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
1) Do a google for VZW text (i'm not sure the exact link). This is a site from Verizon where you can send a text message without having to have an account of any kind with them, obviously a cheap alternative to sending texts from my Iphone. I used to be able to do this on my Ipod Touch. Anyway, the first google link should be a site where you can send a text message. Try and place your cursor in the body where you would enter your text message. Does your keyboard come up then go right down, not allowing you to actually use it? Again the keyboard recognizes a typing field, but won't stay up.

2) Try and submit a post on this forum, when you are in the area where you enter your post text, does the screen in the background jump around when you start to type?

It only happens on this forum so far for me...

Plus, you know you can send free SMS messages using the AIM app from the App store right?

ChazDaSpaz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
When I go on Wikipedia and I select the language, there is a search bar at the bottom and when I type in there then the background leaps around really quickly. Is this what you're talking about?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks for checking. The problem on this forum went away after a reboot. The verizon one isn't a big deal just odd that it worked fine from my iPod touch. How do you send free texts with aim?

And yes the problem I was having on this site was the background hopping all over the place when I typed. It didn't stay focused on the body of text. It's working fine now.

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
Thanks for checking. The problem on this forum went away after a reboot. The verizon one isn't a big deal just odd that it worked fine from my iPod touch. How do you send free texts with aim?

And yes the problem I was having on this site was the background hopping all over the place when I typed. It didn't stay focused on the body of text. It's working fine now.

you could use meebo, has aim and all the other chat clients and that one is free for sure because it runs in safari

http://www.meebo.com/iphone/

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I'm still not sure I understand how to use a chat client to send a text to a friends phone. Do I just send a message to the phone number instead of a buddy name?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.