Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
In course of my iPhone repair I also noticed the repair man applied a liquid form glue underneath the battery space and placed the battery until before sealing ever since I don’t no what bad or harm it could result in my use of device life

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Why would you take your phone to get repaired from a shop with such poor standards? No one here can answer if it will or won't cause an issue definitively just like when they left the screen adhesive off. Besides, if it does cause problems, what exactly can you do about it? Sounds like the shop will just tell you to pound sand. Next time take your phone somewhere that actually knows how to repair a phone properly.. If there is no such place where your located, watch some videos and do the repair yourslf, sounds like it would be no worse.

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
In course of my iPhone repair I also noticed the repair man applied a liquid form glue underneath the battery space and placed the battery until before sealing ever since I don’t no what bad or harm it could result in my use of device life
Unknown at this time as the benefit of a sticky glue like the one Apple uses is the thermal conductivity. The usage of said adhesive form means the shop doesn't have the proper tools to repair an iPhone. I'd be wary of going there again.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Unknown at this time as the benefit of a sticky glue like the one Apple uses is the thermal conductivity. The usage of said adhesive form means the shop doesn't have the proper tools to repair an iPhone. I'd be wary of going there again.
🤞

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The adhesive strips cost less than $1 per set. If they're cutting that out, it suggests the type of battery they've installed ain't going to be great.

• Love
Reactions: addamas and Andeddu

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
B

ut would it reach a point where it will melt or cause overheating to damage my iphone components
Are you sure you brought it to a repair man or did you just take it to a friend who claims to be able to fix phones? Sounds to me like the man has botched every part of the job. If I were you, I would take my phone to a legitimate repair centre to fix the mess this guy has created.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
The adhesive strips cost less than $1 per set. If they're cutting that out, it suggests the type of battery they've installed ain't going to be great.

No no it’s sure my battery all this happened because my volume rocker fit jammed so battery has to be out to get it fixed but as for the cost of the main adhesive strip its not d as out the cost but not even available in my region

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Are you sure you brought it to a repair man or did you just take it to a friend who claims to be able to fix phones? Sounds to me like the man has botched every part of the job. If I were you, I would take my phone to a legitimate repair centre to fix the mess this guy has created.
No authorized apple center in my home country

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
If they used super glue, trying to remove anything from it becomes quite tedious and you have to pry it loose using a substantial force. That force can break cells causing what I describe.
That’s not my problem but I thought of the glue creating heat or melting out to damage other parts of the battery, he used a glue named b7000 by zhanlind

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
That’s not my problem but I thought of the glue creating heat or melting out to damage other parts of the battery, he used a glue named b7000 by zhanlind
I've seen that glue used in repair videos, you should be fine. That adhesive is flexible so it should come free if the battery needs to be removed.. I'd still be concerned over no display seal/adhesive being used..

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
I've seen that glue used in repair videos, you should be fine. That adhesive is flexible so it should come free if the battery needs to be removed.. I'd still be concerned over no display seal/adhesive being used..
Alright thanks

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Oh yea, that as well. Imagine if in less than a year it drops to 80%. The horror of trying to remove it without damaging and cause a fire hazard.
Why will it drop drastically you should still know all battery degrades in use

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.