Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
I'm on the 13 mini currently and ordered a 15pro to pickup Friday. It was a bit of an impulse/rush buy because I'm leaving for London and will be on the road for about a month. Normally the mini isn't an issue, it's been great, but when I start using maps and everything it starts to drain fast. I'm hoping the 15pro will go all day. But figured I'd at ask about the 14pro since it's a worst case. I've also picked up a magsafe battery pack just as a safety net.

Secondly for anyone that has the magsafe battery pack. I see that you can plug into the magsafe and charge the battery and your phone or plug into the phone and charge the phone and the battery pack. Which is better?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
The 13 Mini battery is small and barely lasts 6 hours of heavy use.

Any other iphone from the recent 3 years will be a big upgrade. Add a magsafe or 10,000mah powerbank and you will have a backup for full peace of mind.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Thanks. Normally the mini is never a problem and I love it but walking around a city constantly staring at your phones map and being international where outlets are hard to come by the last thing I need to do is run dead and get lost lol. I don’t exactly want a bag with loads of wires either.

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
I did experience this last year when traveling with my 13 mini. I have the MagSafe rechargeable power pack which-when fully charged- can recharge a phone battery to about 80%. I charged it separately from my phone. It wasn't enough when using maps to navigate European cities on foot all day as well as listening to recorded tours in museums and such. That's how I ended up with the 14PM which had insanely good battery life in comparison.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
Thanks. Normally the mini is never a problem and I love it but walking around a city constantly staring at your phones map and being international where outlets are hard to come by the last thing I need to do is run dead and get lost lol. I don’t exactly want a bag with loads of wires either.
It's a very underspecified question as it depends really heavily on what you are doing. If you are outdoors and it is sunny it will not last the day. I'm not even sure a Max can handle that. Blasting the screen brightness takes a ton of battery life.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
My 14 pro has been great today after the update v the last few weeks of battery drain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.