Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renko31

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
North Yorkshire, UK
Is there anyway to change the keyboard font in OS9?

I find it really off putting on my iPad. Not sure why, it just makes typing quite difficult with the new font.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Thanks for the reply. That is a shame. Looks like I'll have to investigate other keyboards then.

Check out the main 3rd party keyboard topic. I really like Swype (which had various iOS9 updates already but didn't help) and also used Path Input for iPad but both apps are much slower (especially Path Input) to show their keyboards in comparison to Apple keyboard since iOS9 and still in iOS9.1 on my iPad mini2. This wasn't the case in iOS8.3 and 8.4 so I think that there is something wrong with the 3rd party SDK in iOS9 that need fixing.

The ones that have swiping and can work without full access are:
Swype - other languages other then English need temporary full access for download (can be turned off after download)
Path Input | Path Input for iPad | Path Input+ (iPhone and iPad) (unfortunately haven't been updated since quite a while)
Nintype
TouchPal
- unfortunately needs full access if your language is other then English

I would really wish that Apple would come up with a swiping feature in their own keyboard.

Reactions: iphonedude2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.