Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
I recently realised that Blizzard sells Diablo 2 for Mac and wanted to know if my laptop is capable of playing it before I spend money on it. Can anyone with the game and this laptop confirm or deny?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
iPhones run much heavier (but not better) games nowadays. ;)

I was more concerned about there being a weird software conflict with the game being so old, I was pretty confident the hardware could handle it. But, as you guys have pointed out, it runs flawlessly. I love this game so much.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
I was more concerned about there being a weird software conflict with the game being so old, I was pretty confident the hardware could handle it. But, as you guys have pointed out, it runs flawlessly. I love this game so much.

Good point and it did had problems until recently, since D2 was made for power pc macs (e.g. not intel). But blizzard surprised everyone when they recently released a patch for the game that allows it to run on modern operating systems (including intel macs).

On a side note, it's funny that even today no modern game can match D2 gameplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.