Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
A quick Google for iPad HTML editor reveals that there are a few HTML editors in the App Store. I'd have a look at those to start with.

iFrankie

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2003
It would be possible if you're using an online HTML editor. Install an HTML editor on your web space if your hosting provider doesn't have one. This isn't the best option but it would work for basic edits.

Now, if you could find an app that loads up the file directly off the server and has HTML editing capabilities. That would be cool.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Well I was curious if I could write with just a plain notes app and preview them in safari or something.

Sure, but there is no facility for Safari to access notes files. What you would need to do is write your HTML, then email it to yourself and open the attachment. But that still may not work if the file extension isn't correct and Mail doesn't recognize the note as an attachment.

So either get an app designed to do what you need it to do or just save your HTMLing for the computer.

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
There appears to be several.

There is Markup. The UI is nice but the reviews are terrible. Also no syntax highlighting in the screenshots.

Then there is HTML Edit. Looking at the screenshots, the interface is rather bad. Some okay review though.

Gusto. Best interface of the 3, with the exception of syntax highlighting. Some pretty good review too.

Just 3 I could find and I am sure there are more or others built in to other apps. Gusto is not in UK store though, which is a shame for me. But since I don't even have my iPad yet I am sure it will be out eventually.

The only problem I see is using the iPad keyboard to do all this. I guess there is the bluetooth one though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.