Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
One thing I would really like to know is if you can drop any audio files you might have into GarageBand and then Mix them together. I'm looking for a nice replacement to Sound Edit 16. I've tried a bunch of ones out there and they all suck. I really like Sound Studio but it doesn't do multitrack.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I have NO idea whether or not Garageband can import MP3s or whatever, but worst case scenario i think you could "Record" sound that was being inputted by an iPod or whatever.

magi.sys

macrumors member
May 12, 2003
I'm sure you can in the form of a loop.
Hopefully garageband will come with a loop utility like SoundTrack so we can make and set our own loops.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
If it anything this apps going to be able to drop audio loops id say without an issue i think thats the genral idea. Its reminnding me of Acid Pro for windows from Sonic foundry i know its not exsatly the same but it gives me that impressian..

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
From comments elsewhere I think you'll need the Sountrack Audio Loop Utility to allow the import of loops into the GB library, I'm not sure if you will be able to throw tracks of audio into GB that were recorded in other apps, but it'd be cool if you could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.