Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Works for me. 10.4.8 (yeah, yeah, I'll get to it), but otherwise latest Safari and QT.

Clearly means you need a new Mac.

Agreed. There's no other choice :D

This 24" iMac has served me well, but sometimes you just gotta have a quad core.

Weird--I'm running the same software versions as you. I blame my ISP.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Agreed. There's no other choice :D

This 24" iMac has served me well, but sometimes you just gotta have a quad core.

Weird--I'm running the same software versions as you. I blame my ISP.

Might've also been bandwidth issues. Or else try resetting Safari and then going to the page.

But I think you should get a Mac Pro and an ACD 30" just to be safe. A couple of TB of storage space wouldn't hurt either. A new iPod just to be safe.

wjabi

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
Can Apple TV play QTVR?

Here:
http://www.apple.com/appletv/qtvr

I can see other QTVRs like the Nano, but Apple TV won't load for me (Tiger/Safari).

Just curious. Maybe Apple.com isn't Mac-compatible :)

My question is different: Can Apple TV display QTVR? The ad says: "If it's on iTunes it's on your widescreen TV" I can certainly download and view QTVRs from the iTunes store and they play in iTunes.

Here is an example: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=80596212

Do those play on an Apple TV?

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Cool, I didn't know podcasts could be QTVR! I guess anything QuickTime can do (even Flash?) a podcast can do.

Those QTVR podcasts will NOT play in my iTunes--but I think it's a fullscreen conflist with JewelCase. I should just uninstall that--it's intrusive unlike normal visualizers. Or, maybe I just need iTunes 7.1.1--I haven't updated yet.

And no, I'm sure AppleTV can't do interactive media like that. Also no iPod games--even though they too are "on iTunes."

(PS, the AppleTV QTVR WILL now play on my 10.4.8 Intel iMac! After a blue Q logo shows for an unusually long time. Maybe I just needed to wait longer than I'm used to with QTVRs.)

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Just this week I found out iTunes can even download books in PDF format. They show up with a little book icon, and when you click them, it hands it off to Adobe (or whatever). Kind of cool. I had no idea you could podcast BOOKS :D

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Apple uses that PDF support for digital "liner notes" too--like for the U2 set. I'd like to see that practice grow to all iTunes music purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.