Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0MartyMcFly0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
I am pessimistic based on everything I've read but I can't imagine it's just not possible? I don't use Exchange or iCloud. I'm just looking to sync the local calendar & contacts from my Macbook Air (Office 2019) to my iPhone X. Thanks so much in advance for any tips or tricks!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
AFAIK, directly no. It's never worked that way.

Historically however, you've been able to connect Entourage/Outlook to the Address Book/Contacts app. From there, iTunes used to allow syncing of Contacts from the Address Book/Contacts app. Don't know if it still does.

Personally, I dropped all that a long time ago and just use Google Contacts and have everything else (including Outlook) connect to that.

Reactions: 0MartyMcFly0

0MartyMcFly0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
AFAIK, directly no. It's never worked that way.

Historically however, you've been able to connect Entourage/Outlook to the Address Book/Contacts app. From there, iTunes used to allow syncing of Contacts from the Address Book/Contacts app. Don't know if it still does.

Personally, I dropped all that a long time ago and just use Google Contacts and have everything else (including Outlook) connect to that.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! Hmm, interesting. I will look into connecting my Mac Outlook calendar with the native calendar app. I guess I'm just old school.....or just old LOL! I suppose my alternative to Outlook as an all-in-one solution is to use the native Mac OS apps: contacts, email, calendar. That just seems like moving backwards instead of forward. No all-in-one solution on a Mac??

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to reply! Hmm, interesting. I will look into connecting my Mac Outlook calendar with the native calendar app. I guess I'm just old school.....or just old LOL! I suppose my alternative to Outlook as an all-in-one solution is to use the native Mac OS apps: contacts, email, calendar. That just seems like moving backwards instead of forward. No all-in-one solution on a Mac??
Well…the AIO solution (as Apple sees it) is to use their stock apps. But your situation is one of the reasons I stopped using Outlook's own DB for contacts. There's no directly connecting to it, it has to connect to other apps.

If you have an Office 365 subscription maybe that's different, but I'd bet it's connecting directly to MS servers and not Outlook itself.

Reactions: 0MartyMcFly0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.