Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
she always gets my dogs name wrong no matter how I say it.

Now, that's some serious issue right there. I don't think you can teach Siri your dog's name. Try filing a report, or send Cook an email. I'm sure they'll do everything to make it possible.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Now, that's some serious issue right there. I don't think you can teach Siri your dog's name. Try filing a report, or send Cook an email. I'm sure they'll do everything to make it possible.

wow, way to be a dick about it (that was what you would call an example).

I guess I could have made another pointless "battery issues" or other pointless thread.

Reactions: Solomani

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
she always gets my dogs name wrong no matter how I say it.

Yeah you can, you can type out how to say it.

Go to contacts, select the contact for your Dog(create one if not already there) and click edit. Then scroll down to the bottom and click add field, then select 'Phonetic First Name' and type out the name as you would way it.

Reactions: Mac Dream Weaver

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
wow, way to be a dick about it (that was what you would call an example).

I guess I could have made another pointless "battery issues" or other pointless thread.

That was pretty douchey of him :/

I don't think there is though, sadly. In your example, the only way you might be able to "teach" her, would be to add your dog as a contact.

Reactions: Solomani

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI

Go to contacts, select the contact for your Dog(create one if not already there) and click edit. Then scroll down to the bottom and click add field, then select 'Phonetic First Name' and type out the name as you would way it.

thx

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
If your dog is in your contacts and siri says it wrong, you can also tell siri "that's not how you say it" and go from there.

CPx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013

Wow, I had no idea..

Mac Dream Weaver

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2022

Thanks. There's a street that goes for miles and miles where I live and Siri could not ever recognize it when I asked for driving directions. But the contacts trick fixed it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.