Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Has anybody successfully tether using Bluetooth with a blackberry? If so, how did you do it?

Also, how was the speeds?

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
When I pair my iPad to my BB - it views it as an audio device and not a dun. I don't believe this is going to work.

Maybe I will try to find a hack to turn my BB into a MiFi spot.

hss1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2009
IPAD cannot be tethered

Has anybody successfully tether using Bluetooth with a blackberry? If so, how did you do it?

Also, how was the speeds?

===================================

Unfortunately the IPAD cannot be tethered to a mobile phone not even an Iphone steve jobs has confirmed this, if you need 3G connectivity then you need to buy the 3G model

Reports have surfaced from the Swedish website Slashat.se that a question was emailed to Apple all the way from Sweden that posed a simple question: Can the WiFi-only iPad be tethered to the iPhone?

"No."

Apparently, that one-word email response came directly from Steve Jobs himself via his iPhone.

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007

Unfortunately the IPAD cannot be tethered to a mobile phone not even an Iphone steve jobs has confirmed this, if you need 3G connectivity then you need to buy the 3G model

Reports have surfaced from the Swedish website Slashat.se that a question was emailed to Apple all the way from Sweden that posed a simple question: Can the WiFi-only iPad be tethered to the iPhone?

"No."

Apparently, that one-word email response came directly from Steve Jobs himself via his iPhone.

People have been tethering their iPad with their jail broken iPhones using an app call MyFi. They've been reporting great success.

l9s4p5

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011

"No."

I've paired & tethered my wife's Palm Pre to her iPad2 and she uses her Pre's data plan.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I tethered my iPad to a HTC Desire HD just to prove a point (my iPad is 3G).

Can you set up your BB as a wifi Hotspot? If not, just go get an Android phone or wait for the next iPhone lol. Blackberry WAS good, now their just stuck in yesteryear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.