Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I’m thinking of buying an iPad Air to do reading on. I’d like to take notes and bookmark them using the Apple Pencil. I’ve not seen anything to confirm this is possible in Apple Books or Kindle app so can anyone confirm if this actually possible? Thanks

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
With Apple Books you can assuming you buy from Apple instead of Amazon?

Can you also import ePub into Apple Books?

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
But I assume DRM free? For example there’s an ebook I want to buy which is not in Apple Books but you can download it as epub but it says it has DRM

PandaPunch

macrumors regular
May 4, 2015
But I assume DRM free? For example there’s an ebook I want to buy which is not in Apple Books but you can download it as epub but it says it has DRM
I think so, but I don't buy epubs, so I'm assuming what I get is DRM-free.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
If you can't remove the DRM and it isn't Apple's FairPlay DRM then it won't work in the Apple Books app. I will only buy epubs from third parties that have no DRM. Many use some abomination from Adobe that is basically unusable. I only made that mistake once.

Edit: This is ad copy from Adobe's Digital Edition webpage.
Download this free eReader to experience your books in the most optimum format across PC, MAC, tablets or mobile devices.
You just know you are going to get quality software when the software publisher thinks the name of a Macintosh computer should be spelled with all caps.?‍♂️

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.